- The term “Song Whiddon” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered principal office is 8111 LBJ Fwy, Suite 480, Dallas, Texas 75251. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The pages within this website are provided by Song Whiddon as a service to the public. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, nothing provided herein should be used as legal advice, nor shall anything herein create an attorney-client relationship between you and Song Whiddon.
- Some links within the Song Whiddon website may lead to other sites. Song Whiddon website does not incorporate any materials appearing in such linked sites by reference, and Song Whiddon does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of such linked materials.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Unless otherwise indicated, lawyers listed on this website are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. None of the lawyers listed on this website is certified as an “expert” or “specialist” pursuant to any authority governing the practice of law in any jurisdiction.
- The website and the content may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions. Song Whiddon does not seek to represent any person or entity based upon that person’s or entity’s viewing the website (or any portion of the website) in any jurisdiction where the website (or any portion of the website) does not comply with all of the laws and ethical requirements of that jurisdiction. Song Whiddon’s lawyers do not seek to practice law in jurisdictions where they are not properly licensed to practice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced on this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense. Except as provided in these Terms, you may not use, download, upload, copy, modify, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, post, transmit, distribute, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any Content or information from the website, in whole or in part, including without limitation by way of framing or hyper-linking, without the express permission of Song Whiddon. Requests for such permission should be made to Yuliana Ramirez, Office Manager.
You may not under any circumstance:
- Send unsolicited commercial email to the email addresses provided on the website (spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited)
- Delete, modify or attempt to change or alter any of the Content on the website
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper functioning of the website or servers or networks connected to the website, or take any other action that interferes with other parties’ use of the website
- Use the website or the content contained within, intentionally or unintentionally, in any manner inconsistent with or in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of any other website providers, websites, and other digital entities, including, without limitation, laws regarding import/export of technical data by virtue of your online transmission
- Use any “robot”, “spider” or other automatic or manual device or process for the purpose of compiling information on the website for purposes other than for a generally available search engine
Use any Song Whiddon names, service marks, or trademarks without our prior written consent, including without limitation as metatags or hidden text.
Effective: January 1, 2023
Personal Information We Collect About You
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following key categories of personal information about you:
Identifiers, (such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers);
Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, you, (such as your name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport details, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, photographic or CCTV images of you, and where legally permitted diversity, medical information or health insurance information and details of offences and related proceedings);
Professional or employment-related information, (such as employment candidacy information, including educational qualifications, contact, resume, and salary information as part of submissions for employment opportunities).
Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us. If you do not provide certain personal information, it may delay or prevent us from providing certain services to you.
How Your Personal Information is Collected
We may collect personal information from you by telephone, text or email, in person or via our Website:
- In the course of providing legal services to you, if you are one of our clients;
- During the course of dealings with you for, or on behalf of, a client;
- When you visit, make an enquiry or make an application for employment to us, including through our Website or otherwise;
- When you attend a seminar or other event provided by us;
- When you request to receive information from us;
- When you offer or provide services to us, and/or
- Additionally, when you contact us for these or any other reason, we may monitor and keep a record of that correspondence (in whatever form).
We may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources (such as government databases or electronic data resources);
- Directly from a third party (such as our clients or other law firms, our service providers for the online services and our products and services, marketing and advertising partners); or
- From a third party with your consent (such as your bank, financing partners, affiliate partners).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better service.
We may use third party analytics, including Google Analytics. You can opt out from the use of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add On.
Links to Other Websites
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract to which you are party or in relation to services being provided to our clients;
- To respond to your requests;
- To promote our services including delivery of publications or information regarding events;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, meaning we have a business or commercial reason to use the personal information and we can balance those needs with your interests, rights and freedom;
- Where you have given consent; and/or
- In relation to our recruitment and employment initiatives.
In addition to the foregoing, we may use your data for other related purposes which include maintaining our client relations and in relation to the furtherance and administration of our business:
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example, to comply with Money Laundering Regulations or for fraud monitoring, and prevention;
- To adhere to our business policies to ensure that we provide the best service to you and our clients;
- To maintain the integrity and security of our IT services, to keep your personal and confidential data safe;
- To improve and further our business initiatives, such as to perform data analysis, audits, enhance, improve, or modify our website or services; monitor client trends; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operate and expand our business activities;
- For marketing purposes where you have provided your consent or where it is in our legitimate interests for us to provide you with information about our services and to advise you of news and industry updates, events, reports and other information; and/or
- Where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We will not sell any of your personal data to any outside organization. We only disclose your personal data to third parties as is reasonably necessary to carry out the permitted uses described in this policy. For example, we may share personal data with:
- Other Song Whiddon offices including employees, agents, consultants and sub-contractors who assist us in running our business;
- Third parties engaged in the course of the services we provide to our clients including local counsel and technology service providers such as e-discovery or data room management services;
- Third parties involved in hosting, organizing or providing services for events or seminars;
- Third parties we use to help us run our business, such as benefits administrators, marketing agencies, website hosts, technical and customer support contractors, and other service providers who are required to keep the personal data confidential and are prohibited from using it other than to carry out their services on our behalf;
- Our successors in the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, or similar transaction affecting the relevant portion of our business; and/or
- Legal and governmental authorities or other third parties, to the extent required to comply with a legal order or applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our company, our customers, or others; and/or
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may transfer information about you between countries if required for a relevant purpose, as described above. These may include countries which do not provide the same level of protection as the laws of your home country. However, we will at all times ensure a level of protection for your data at least as protective as that required in the United States. We will also require our agents, consultants and sub-contractors and others who are outside the United States and to whom we transfer information about you to ensure a similar level of data protection.
Where Your Personal Information is Held
We are based in the United States, and personal data collected by us may be transferred to the United States for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to our clients or to you or for processing and storage. We take steps to ensure that any such transfer complies with applicable data protection law and that all personal information is secure, including, where appropriate, putting in place standard contractual clauses or implementing other lawful tools and processes for transferring personal information.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We retain your personal data only for as long as is appropriate for our relationship with you, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate. We will, in particular, retain your personal data where required for us to assert or defend against legal claims until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes by using the contact details above.
We take protection of your personal data very seriously. If you have any concerns about how we process your information, please contact us in the first instance using the contact details above.
California consumers have the right to request any of the following information from us regarding personal information collected about you during the preceding 12 months:
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any.
- The specific personal information collected about you.
- For personal information sold or disclosed to a third party for a business purpose, you have a right to know the categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
We will provide this information free of charge up to two (2) times in any twelve (12) month period within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request (including verification of your identity and your California residency), subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. Specific personal information about you or your account that is categorized as sensitive or confidential may be redacted.
As a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected about you. We will honor this request subject to the range of exclusions permitted by law. For example, we are not required to delete personal information if it is necessary to complete a transaction or reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship or if it is used internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
As a California resident, you also have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not sell your personal information. However, we are permitted to share your personal information with a service provider.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. California residents may exercise the rights described above by contacting us as follows:
We may require verification of your identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and on our systems. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our services. Any transmission of personal information to us is at your own risk.
Treatment of Minors’ Information
Our Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children on our website. If we are notified or discover that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personal data to us, we will take reasonable steps to delete the information.
Changes to This Privacy Notice. We may update this policy from time to time. We will always post the then-current version of this policy on our Website and will indicate at the top of the policy the date on which the latest version took effect. Please review this policy from time to time to stay updated on our privacy practices.
How to Contact Us
Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).